Who We Are
Pound Puppy Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit founded in 2001. We rescue approximately 400 puppies every year. We are a completely volunteer run organization whose purpose is to keep puppies out of overcrowded shelters where they are at risk for disease and euthanasia. Puppies are fostered in volunteer foster homes where we can keep the puppies healthy, socialized, and in their litter until they are old enough to be placed in permanent, loving homes.
All of the puppies we rescue come to us looking for love and a "forever" home. Our hope is that all puppies placed through our organization will never experience being homeless or unloved again.
Thank you for considering adopting a rescue puppy! Watch the video at left to see what PPR is all about!
Dessert Litter Meet & Greet
Meet our 4 ten week old Terrier mixes! Please apply online in advance and a volunteer will call you as the first step.
- Saturday, March 28th
- 10am-12 Noon
- Los Altos, CA
Adoption Event: Little Rascals and Lucy
The Little Rascals Litter and Lucy are ready for adoption! Please apply online and bring a copy of your application with you.
- Sunday, March 29th
- Pet Food Express Redwood City (Woodside Plaza, 372 Woodside Road)
1. Shelters call us when they have puppies that need to be rescued.
2. We transport the puppies from the shelters to our volunteer foster homes. Our fosters care for the puppies until they are 8 weeks old.
3. We post the pictures of the puppies online and schedule an adoption event.
4. You see a puppy you're interested in and fill out an application online! You come to our next event and talk with an adoption counselor.
5. We select the best homes for puppies based on several criteria. We do home checks on all our adopters to ensure the safety of the puppies.
6. We spay/neuter, vaccinate, and deworm all the puppies. We do a jump start training session and the puppies go home once they are 8 weeks old.